Latest news, events and research
Latest updates from GAIN
See below for the latest DWP updates.
Two reports have been published this week that will help inform the government’s review of the State Pension age which is due in May 2017.
The new Childcare Choices website, launched this week, means parents are now able to find available government childcare support.
Tax Free Childcare
Access to Work holistic assessment provider guidance has been updated, see attached link:
Statistics for the In Work Progression Trial (IWP) for the period April 2015 to October 2016 have been published. The IWP trial is a Randomised Control Trial (RCT) that aims to test 3 different ways to support people in low paid work to progress in employment.
For more information on the In Work Progression Trial see attached link.
The State Pension Factsheet explaining Contracted Out Pension Equivalent has been updated to make sure they are accurate for the new financial year.
State Pension Fact Sheet COPE
The latest Housing Benefit bulletin has been published, it includes information on:
• update: Real Time Information
• launch of the Right Benefit Initiative
• update: Direct Earnings Attachment – a guide for employers
• recovery of overpayments using the higher rate deduction
• Scottish rate of Income Tax
• salary sacrifice
• the Social Security (income-related benefits) Amendment Regulations 2017
• the Social Security (Scottish Infected Blood Support Scheme) Amendment Regulations 2017
• Universal Credit: email subjects
• cases with the Upper Tribunal
• Statutory Instruments
A guide has been published to help employers to become more confident when attracting, recruiting and retaining disabled people it also signposts further resources.
Employing Disabled People